11.16.2012

The Future Me Looking Back

Of my time in the Dominican Republic, I hope to one day say the following...

  • It was an irrevocable life-changing experience. No cliché. One that changed the path of the rest of my life. 
  • It gave me life.
  • It gave me room to grow and improve the self.
  • It gave me a new perspective on the world and my role in it.
  • It allowed me to explore my passions. 
  • It challenged my morality & tested my faith. 
  • It was the start of something big.
  • It did not reconfigure my cultural furniture, but simply added new pieces (new ideas, new customs, new traditions) to the room.
  • It was perhaps the first moment when I found myself able to focus on mind, body, and soul simultaneously.
  • It was the start of several years of day-dreaming & restlessness, and a journey to embracing my true character, my transient self.

1 comment:

  1. Incredibly introspective! Hope it was everything you had hoped it would be & so much more.

    ReplyDelete