6.10.2013

Travel Essentials 1.0

This morning I booked a flight, and in just a few days I'll be leaving the country for my summer internship. I've finished my packing for the most part, so now I have a little down time to relax before my trip. It's become almost a personal tradition to travel during the summer (as I've done it for the past six years), but my packing list is still evolving. Of course, some things are bound to change based upon the weather, socio/cultural norms, and/or my overall purpose for traveling, but this here is my list of trip essentials: the items that must accompany all my adventures.

1. DSLR camera+ case: To protect my camera of course, and to carry various camera accessories
2. Film camera: For all my daytrips, I bring my Minolta to capture extra-special moments
3. Wallet: Where I store my cash flow. Haha, and also where I keep small business cards (i.e. taxis)
4. Leather crossbody bag: A small purse with multiple closures, so no one can easily pickpocket
5. Scrunchies/Hair ties: Always more than one, because big hair just don't care
6. Flash drive: Emergency item, just in case I need to grab music, photos, or other files in a rush
7. DSLR battery charger: So my picture taker can stay alive
8. Glasses: Sunnies and scripts, always
9. Additional camera lenses: 50mm for the DSLR, and a zoom lens for my Minolta film camera
10. Mini-notebook: My lil moleskin I use to record thoughts, numbers, any short term memories :)
11. Guidebooks: Not essential for everyone, but I love reading the suggested places to visit
12. Cell phone: I don't typically bring my phone to make calls, but it does make a nifty alarm clock
13. Lipstick/chapstick: For some tint and moisture, because nobody likes pale chapped lips, right?
14. Journal: Where I record all the day's adventures, reflections, and expectations for my trip
15. Comfortable walking shoes: Ain't nobody got time for blisters. I found these lovelies at Anthro

Can you guess where I'm going next? 

No comments:

Post a Comment