7.22.2013

21+ Years Veggie

For those of you who don't know, I am a lifelong vegetarian, and have been one for two decades strong. This has been no easy task. Living in a society that caters to carnivores, I've learned to defend my habits and be creative with my orders at fast food joints. That doesn't mean that I've never wanted to try meat. Trust me, I have. In fact, a little bit of peer pressure, plus 21+ years of curiosity culminated this weekend when I had my very first taste. Needless to say, I got very sick soon after, and I think the chicken was to blame. :(

Losing My Meat Virginity 
I spent years wanting to try it,
Told my parents I couldn’t wait
To grow up and see for myself,
place some meat upon my plate.
21+ years of patiently waiting,
A single nugget was all it took
They told me I should try it,
Just one taste and I'd be hooked.
Feeling left out all my life, 
I took one bite to quell the craving,
Hours later, I'd regret it, 
All that pain was not worth the caving.

Side note: Go ahead and have a laugh, I realize it's pretty funny out of context especially. I promise it has only to do with my food adventures this weekend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment