7.04.2013

The 4th from Afar

It's Independence Day in America!
This is the first time I've been abroad on July 4th, and it's been an interesting experience so far. I decided to dress for the occasion and wear my favorite high-waisted red, white, and blue shorts with a basic white tank. Although I don't think I'll get to celebrate with fireworks, BBQs, and picnics, like many of my friends in the States, I'll be paying tribute to U.S. culture and values in my own little way. Tonight, I'll be volunteering at a 4th of July event for work, and I couldn't think of a more perfect moment for cultural exchange with the Dominican community.
Happy 4th, Everyone!

Update 7/5: Here's a quick recap of how I spent my 4th of July:
Attempted to bake a red velvet + vanilla cake using this recipe
Enjoying a 4th of July celebration with coworkers
 

No comments:

Post a Comment