8.01.2013

Home is Near

I've got just a few more weeks in the Dominican Republic until my summer internship ends. After this, I'll return home to Atlanta to spend a few weeks with my family, and then it's back to Santo Domingo for a full 10 months teaching English.

I will be home for about three weeks, and there is so much I want to do. I still have things I'd like to do before leaving this month, but it's comforting to know that I'll be back soon. My upcoming stint in Santo Domingo will be the longest period of time I've lived outside of the United States. I'm really looking forward to this next adventure, but I also want to make sure that I take advantage of my short time at home.

Things to do before I leave DR this summer:
Bake cookies for the office again
Show Brigette the Colonial Zone
Teach an English lesson at the local institute
Go out to dance bachata/merengue once more
Have an adventure on my birthday
Get a lesson on cooking Pad-Thai with Tanya
Visit another waterfall

Things to do when I go home:
Send a “Thank you” note to all my coworkers this summer
Go on an outdoor adventure with my best friend
Write a reflection on my summer internship experience
Update my blog
Fly or drive to see my closest friends
Have a belated birthday party with my family
Spend time in Chattanooga with my Sister + her Boyfriend
Eat, cook, enjoy as much vegan food as possible at home
Upgrade my camera
Manage to pack for 10 months away from home
Register to take the GRE in the Dominican Republic 
Visit graduate schools in the U.S.

No comments:

Post a Comment