8.02.2012

21 Before 21

Two years ago I made a list of things I wanted to have accomplished by the time I turned 21. 2012 was the year for me to complete the rest of my list and now my 21st birthday is just around the corner.
21 Before 21

Here we go!

1) Travel! Travel! Travel!
 Chiapas, Mexico. Aug 2010
   

Sri Lanka, May 2011

Quito, Ecuador. May 2012

2) Get an internship
Embassy in Washington, D.C., Summer 2011

3) Participate in ASB (Alternative Spring Break)
Feelin' Good: St. Louis, MO. 2011

Light Up My Life: New Orleans, LA. 2012

4) Get a better camera
First DSLR: Nikon D40 (Purchased Dec. 2011)

5) Start an organization on campus
VUMix (Mixed Heritage Exchange)

6) Visit a different part of the US
Midwest: Missouri & Iowa. Spring 2011
Road-trip for Gathe Raho Acapella Group Competition at Univ. of Iowa

7) Discover someplace new
Busboys & Poets, Washington, D.C.

8) Learn to sew for reals
Still in progress. Definitely something I want to continue doing!  

9) Take a trip to downtown Nashville
Volunteering at Nashville Rescue Mission- Spring 2012

10) Start to cook at school
Tofurky sausage wrap with baked sweet potato. Nom nom!

11) Eat Brazilian, Ethiopian, & Korean Food
Ingera, Quindim (pictured below), & Bibimbap... I loved it all! 

12) Improve in Spanish
Ecuador and Mexico trips definitely helped in this.

13) Get Organized
 I make lists for everything these days & I am so much more organized as a result!

14) Teach English
 Sri Lanka
Ecuador

15) Create your own major
Entitled "Foreign Policy in the Americas"- I received approval to pursue my own interdisciplinary major during my sophomore year. Now when people ask me, "What's your major?" I get to say, "I made my own.

16) Get in shape
Still a work in progress, but I've made some great strides in this area (mind the pun)!

17) Leisure read
Hunger Games- Suzanne Collins & Bossypants- Tina Fey

18) Pay for someone in drive thru
Dairy Queen in Illinois-April 2011

19) Create your own recipe
Banana + Granola Kalmut Pancakes & Waffles

20) Memorize 21 Bible verses

21) Meet someone swell
So many wonderful people have come into my life in the past few years. I'm so grateful for them all!

1 comment: