12.09.2012

Volunteering + Enjoying Santiago 08.12.12.

On Friday CIEE Liberal Arts Santiago enjoyed a beautiful Fiesta de Despedida to celebrate the memories of our past four months in the Dominican Republic. There were dance performances, speeches, and plenty of gifts. I'll never forget this night. Afterwards, we went out to one of our favorite Discotecas, Sahara, to continue dancing the night away. We were there for about an hour when I my good friend Polo (Paul) showed up! Couldn't have celebrated it any better, as I had all my best friends around, it was an amazing ending to this incredible adventure!

On Saturday, I went to volunteer with an organziation called un Techo: para mi país. To help solicit food donations for the construction project coming next week. It was great fun, and I've never spoken Spanish so fast to so many people. Having to make a sales pitch every 5 seconds will definitely get you out of your comfort zone.

After volunteering we went out to Los Jardínes to enjoy some empanadas and later we somehow managed to make it to the Centro León, where we enjoyed the exhibit of contemporary art and a Fiesta de los Palos (drumming fest). It was definitely a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment