2.18.2013

Stress Relief

Why this weekend was spectacular...
1. My best friend from high school came to visit me over the weekend. It was the first time, any of my friends from home have come to my college, and we had a really great time catching up!
2. My favorite band, Johnnyswim performed just a few min from campus, and I got to go see them live!
3. I met the lead singer of Johnnyswim, Amanda Sudano-Ramirez after the show! What a surreal moment!
4-8. I attended the on campus Asian New Year Festival performance show with some friends from my dorm. We may or may not have snuck some snacks in to the auditorium. That information cannot be shared at this current time.

Also this weekend, I caught up with my parents for a while, and realized just how blessed I am to have supportive and caring people in my life.
I ate tons of international food on Saturday between ANYF and a Middle Eastern/Israeli dinner that I went to afterwards. So many multicultural food babies!

This week is looking tough so far, but I'm taking each day as it comes. Someone asked me recently why I don't stress. I responded, "It's because I realized that ten out of ten people die." And it's morbid, yet true. I just don't think its worth my time to worry about social drama or academic pressures any more. I found that I don't really verbalize or physically act out my stress as much as I used to. Perhaps the Caribbean did that to me. And to be honest, life looks better from this view... it's all just irie.

No comments:

Post a Comment