8.20.2013

A Busy Few Weeks Ahead

Ahh! I can't believe it's over! Just a few days ago, I was sitting out on a balcony in Santo Domingo, watching the city lights flicker in the early hours of the morning, and reminding myself that it's just a matter of days before I'll be back to enjoy that spectacular nightscape once more. I finished my internship in the Dominican Republic last week, and now I'm finally home with my family before round two (or is it three?). I'll be returning to Santo Domingo on September 8th to begin a fellowship, teaching English for 10 months, working mainly in the capital, but also traveling to other parts of the country. I'm moving on to the next adventure! But not just yet... I still have some things to cross off my to-do list while I'm in the states.
  1. Visit Brigette in Atlanta; We went to the movies this past weekend and saw Lee Daniels' The Butler. We'll be going to a UGA game watch-party in a few weeks. I love hanging out with this girl!
  2. Send a "Thank you" note to all my coworkers from this summer
  3. Visit my best friend in Nashville & go on an adventure
  4. Write a reflection on my summer internship experience
  5. Update the blog for DR Round Three
  6. See my sister & her fiance (see her engagement ring!)
  7. Go to my cousin's wedding & shower in Atlanta
  8. Figure out this camera situation (I'm thinking about upgrading)
  9. Visit grad schools & friends in DC
  10. Sign-up to take the GRE this fall (It's really happening?!)
  11. Manage to pack for 10 months away from home

No comments:

Post a Comment